Monday, September 19, 2005

Where's The New Improved Player??

POKER STATISTICS (last 18 months) ish

Lost originally -12250
Credited back 12250
Credited back 15000
Credited back 7237.52
put in account -2000
put in account -5000
Profit 15237.52

And a 5k float at the minute!!! so current profit = £20237.52

I get to play for free basically but my game has gone backwards not forwards. This is my top priority at the minute to gain control of my game and bring it up to a consistent standard. I do only play for leisure but I am serious about Poker and want to progress.

The – 12250 is when I first started playing as in poker introduction and my transition from Virtual chips to real cash. I didn’t start winning till I moved up the limits and found a more true game. Just lately I’ve been playing anyhow, mostly whilst on the pop which is not the way forwards, so I now intend on adjusting my entire strategy and this means more focus less booze.

My aim is to start traveling and entering tournaments, I do seem to play better ‘live’ maybe it’s because you can’t hide behind a screen when you make a bad call I dunno but I don’t think it’s too far from the truth. My stats are probably comical to most because I don’t do any real analysis I just play and I do pretty well until I start celebrating with a Bottle of white wine and then get caught by the short and curly’s and taken away by the sharks on the tables.

I played the other night worked my way up to 6.3k and blew the lot in the space of 10 minutes, one was a beat the other I could have minimized the damage but used the fearless method and got legged up. Problem here was not the booze but I was playing really well and fancied making it up to 10k then beddy byes. Big mistake, yes some of the stacks feared my raises and yes someone had the balls to call me and take a 7.5k pot in the process UL GG BP (Once again I cant sleep for the knowledge of my painfully bad play).

I’m used to taking risks, and for the most part the risks have served me well in business, but if the risks aren’t calculated in this game, it’s take your pants down and wait for your arse to be slapped time. I relate it to a game of golf which im shit at by the way, when you hit a golf ball properly you KNOW you have hit it correctly and as a result you can measure how good you are or how crap. I know instantly when I make a bad play, but keep making them FFS and this is what I’m going to start focusing on more because in golf there’s more than just your mind to control in poker your mind is everything.

From here on I’m trying to be the new improved player that I know exists inside and hopefully this blog will be a more cheerful account of anticipated future success GL . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home