Monday, September 12, 2005

BFWSOP The Blogg

What a fantastic weekend BFWCOP turned out to be, the only negative is I didn’t get to meet all the people that I wanted to but hey, there’s always a next time and who would doubt there wont be after that one (1st class).

Speaking from a general viewpoint on everyone who attended and who I met along the way all I can say is what a great bunch of people and a surprisingly small amount of ego. There was mutual respect flying around from every corner, you never feared going to join a table because the warmth of the people (and not just from the gutshot boiler room) was present constantly. It was an event not to be missed in my opinion and I definitely will make the effort for BFWSOP II. Also just to add the folk who had to give up the gutshot were just as friendly and deserve credit where due for doing so.

The night before I jumped on a cash table with Mavis, Noseyboy, Schmo, Fartpants and a few regulars playing 1/2 NL cash which was a good laugh as well as a lesson in how beats occur ‘Live’ more regular than they do on crypto.

1st beat only me and SB left in he calls my BB and I raise it up with KK to which he calls. Flop JJ8 Turn J, Long story short I cant have him for a Jack in a ‘live game’ and he’s definitely not got ‘AA’ surely so I put him all in for his £100 that he jumped on the table with and he showed AJ arghhhhhh.

Next norwichfan has taken a few beats of his own and throws his last £16 all in pre flop to I think approx 5 callers mavis being one of them, I flat call with AJ and the flop is dealt Q 10 K with 2 x hearts. I decide that although I have the nut straight the flush draw is credible with so many in the pot so I over bet the pot of about £85 with £100 and to my glee Mavis re-raises the rest of my stack about another £70 to which I gladly call. Turn is a queen, I remember thinking Oh shit then river a 2.

I show my AJ and the table Ooooh’s and Ahhhh’s, Norwichfan jumps up does a little dance and shows Q 2 a full house Queens over 2’s, MavisFish says “ hang on a minute” turns his cards to show KQ a full house Queens over Kings, My nut straight on the flop was in last place by the turn LMAO. Turned it round a little later and made an exit about £300 down instead of £700.

The main event I couldn’t get going at all and busted out early (80ish) when Sha’s QQ SB held up against my K8 suited BB that was me out and sha holding my bounty chip, good luck Shaa top geezer hope he does well in the event. Reactive was hammered on the morning, and at one time I spotted him slouched on a couch barely able to hold is head up, well done fella you won it if you don’t remember!!!!

More beer, Jack Daniels then a £200 entry STT with 11 runners payout was 1st £1200 2nd £600 and 3rd £400 a good solid table with Duffs, B4matt, Fartpants, BigDogg, Mavis, Filth, squidy plus others. A real enjoyable game that lasted nearly 2.5 hrs ending up with me, squidy, filth and mavis battling it out. At one time squidy mavis and Filth who had their stacks covered were all in and I was the short stack, go filth go... Squidy actually laid his hand down (good laydown) and mavis and filth split the pot.. Grrr ok back to the game. Mavis was out in fourth and I took squidy out when he moved at my BB all in with JQ I found A 4 called and got heads up with filth. We were evenly stacked and the blinds had reached crapshoot levels so we split the winnings £900 each not a bad night work, and to be honest filth would probably have outplayed me HU cos I’m sh1t.

Back on the booze meeting more people and generally buzzing, a free weekend thrown in now, couldn’t get any better.

One thing to note, I have met some top people and seen some very good players. I think it’s fair to say I have seen some players that I personally think will be future faces of poker in the UK, they are young aggressive, fearless and I think if they keep their heads about them they will make it big time…

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tosh.

Great write up mate, sorry i couldn't make it to introduce myself, next year i hope..:)

Stay lucky.

JPJ

7:30 am  
Blogger MrDigital said...

Cheers JPJ.. Appreciated, GL

3:04 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

agree with jp,a great write up
hopefully will get to have a chat at the next one :)

12:04 pm  
Blogger Dpommo said...

Hi mate,

Just caught up with your blog tonight, sorry to hear about the bad run. I know exactly what you're going through, as you know I was there myself recently but on a worse scale! What I learnt, is that in the face of a run like this, if it's not in your make up to take a break, the best thing is to tighten up. The natural thing to do is loosen up and start playing worse hands trying to flop a monster. You know as well as I do it doesn't work. Best thing to do mate, just try to minimize a cold run and have the patience to wait for it to turn. Try not to let your confidence be affected, as this in turn will affect your game, when it comes to betting raising, if you aren't confident you won't be making the same successful moves as before.

Good luck, I know it will turn around soon, if it hasn't already!

1:54 am  
Blogger MrDigital said...

Yep definatley Zelda, felt like a right ignorant git...

Thanks DPommo, just seems to have lasted an age, im about ready i reckon.. Just seems sometimes that some new thing you learn knock you off track for a while whilst you integrate them into your play.. GL

7:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home