Friday, August 05, 2005

Done my coco's late last night

Well just a short one this one because i cant really remember much about it, but here goes. After playing yesterday and having my bottle of vino (previous post about how well i'd done), had a look round the site and found two friend of mine who I play live every week on the £1/2 cash tables. Eventually i get on load £200 on the table and start hitting everything, bloody hell this really is my day, or was it just a preflop disaster waiting to happen.. Anyway two hours later and two bottles of wine in my system i leave the table with about £675 not a bad nights work again and whilst half pissed. Anyway my girlfriend say's come on lets go to bed and i said the dreaded i'll be 5 minutes and go and look on the £10/20 see who's about. There was a spare seat.

5:00am I went to bed and had a good night sleep, i know i'd done some damage but not worried at minute im steaming. Woke up today and went to check my account knew i'd lost a few quid but was clueless to how much. I loaded my Betfair software and i'd lost a grand total of 4.5k (what an idiot). Went back to bed for a few hours as i find a good sleep works wonders when you lose like that, forget the hangover it didn't even exist. What pisses me off most is i try my best to play correct and pride myself on recognising tilt, taking a break when things are going wrong, all the things to do with keeping it together etc. Earlier like i said i jumped on a 1/2 knew i couldnt do much damage and have a nobble with the lads but this is just a disaster, pure stupidity... I am gutted...

I remember one hand all in preflop my JJ against AQ well that's just one of those things lost about 1k, it's the other hands I cant remember that worry me. Later on im getting my pokertracker software to see exactly what a muppet i've been last night, and that's the end of that. Oh and theres this observer who watches the tables all night every night and if someone loses big he has a little pop at them. I can handle him no problem, in the past i've let him get to me and had a go back, since though i have ignored the sad git. He was proper LOL, LMAO at me last night and the sad git did wind me up I must admit. This is one complex game and there's one thing for certain, the only way is down doing what i did last night, end of rant..

Hope i dont sound to deppressive :) but i could have easily left this part out and let people think what a together all round person this is, and a great wages added bonus for him to. That is what i'm striving to be but at the minute there are glitches in the software, i'll share them because I cant see the point of telling porkies on these bloggs your'e just lying to yourself, and it's possibly where some people can relate to how they lose at poker I dont know.

One of the books i've read The Phsycology of Poker talks about being honest with yourself as one of the most important parts of your development as a player, cos if you keep lying to yourself you never improve yourself you only justify things as right for your ego's sake. So when you do something wrong look for ways to put it right dont give yourself a reason for it. That's my advice to myself in thought format! Two completely different perspectives of a days poker, they say "A smooth sea never made a skilled Mariner"

Im off now i need to phone samaritans.. LOL.. GL

Here it is! the main 1!

Game #786029353: Texas Hold'em No Limit (£10/£20) - 2005/08/05 - 04:24:21 (GMT)Table "Richard" Seat 1 is the button.
Seat 1: Capucho.. (£3564.50 in chips)
Seat 4: Toshiwonk (£3516.50 in chips)
Seat 6: Mafews (£3261.50 in chips)
Seat 10: The_twin (£1738.50 in chips)
Toshiwonk: posts small blind £10
Mafews: posts big blind £20
----- HOLE CARDS -----
dealt to Toshiwonk [Qc Qh]
The_twin: folds
Capucho..: folds
Toshiwonk: raises to £60
Mafews: calls £40----- FLOP ----- [9s Ah 8h]
Toshiwonk: bets £60
Mafews: raises to £180
Toshiwonk: calls £120
----- TURN ----- [9s Ah 8h][2c]
Toshiwonk: checks
Mafews: checks
----- RIVER ----- [9s Ah 8h 2c][6c]
Toshiwonk: checks
Mafews: bets £500
Toshiwonk: raises to £3276.50 and is all-in
Mafews: is all-in £2521.50Returned uncalled bets £255 to Toshiwonk
----- SHOW DOWN -----
Toshiwonk: shows [Qc Qh] (A Pair of Queens, Ace high)
Mafews: shows [7d Ts] (A Straight, Ten high)Mafews collected £6520 from Main pot----- SUMMARY -----Total pot £6523 Main pot £6520 Rake £3Board [9s Ah 8h 2c 6c]Seat 1: Capucho.. (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 6: Mafews (big blind) showed [7d Ts] and won (£6520) with A Straight, Ten highSeat 10: The_twin folded before Flop (didn't bet)****HAND ENDS****

My Night ends!!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

no point in me giving u advice but theres no point in dwelling on it, we have all got pissed and done what u have done, one night my wife was down in the dumps and she asked me to come downstairs to talk to her, i was playing the £5/£10 table and was £1200 up, i told her i would be down in 5 mins, 20 mins later i had lost a grand and decided to go into the $50 /$100 limit table to get it back, a further £3000 later i finaly realised my mistake, a turnaround of £4200 when i should of been with my wife, but thats poker if u don't control it it will control u.
take a deep breath dude and get right back in there.
ATB pjc2004

8:09 pm  
Blogger MrDigital said...

Yep you're right, just pissed me off after playing good poker. Then playing real bad. Im off to benidorm on Tuesday then i'll be back on my way to my 1st poker £1000,000..

10:32 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dp come on mate if you are going to take poker seriously and make it your profession you have to have discipline - do not drink and play - thats fools play - and your girlfriend might not be willing to be second best in the long term...

god i sound like your mother...

good luck today, try to recoup your losses :-)

11:30 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops sorry toshi :-)

11:31 am  
Blogger Dpommo said...

Glad to see you've started updating the blog Toshi, it did wonders for me just writing about each days play, and I know you're a thinking player so I've no doubt it'll do the same for you.

You don't need any advice from me, you know your discipline let you down, drinking and playing is the road to the poorhouse. But you're a good player mate, the only thing I would do different is not get into tangles with players who you know to be solid, leave your ego at the door and just concentrate on taking money from the weaker players.

Good luck mate and have a good break

11:55 am  
Blogger MrDigital said...

Any advice is more than welcome, glad you got told off as well as me DP ;).. Always grateful for any comments, i can take it honest :)

9:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home