Monday, September 05, 2005

WSOP II

Entered the CPC_TIME touney last night $25 entry 791 runners 5 x GTD Carribean Poker Classic seats up for grabs as an added bonus to the prize money on betfair. They kept it quiet, just managed to see a thread on the forum about it and entered.

Had a real good session made some better plays and kept my cool towards the later stages where I normally blow up, received a bad beat not that I didn't dish out a couple and made a super aggressive comeback to eventually finish 23rd and $158 richer.

Anyway here's my exit hand; I was in early position with pockets 7's and about 26k in chips, the blinds were 200o/4000 and the antes about 500 so I decided there were 7 possible starting hands that would be ahead the others I'm favorite so raise half my stack, one re-raise of all in from the chipleader with 249k I call and im pleased to see im up against AK, well his AK held up and I said my goodbye's, GG WP.

Don't think I did anything wrong there, my (M) according to the Harrington book was (4) so im in the red zone and first opportunity I get I need to push all in no messing about and I raised half my stack instead, but that's about it. All in all I think I was correct in my play at this stage of the tournament, but im only half way through his book I might get to a chapter that says (however when holding Pockest 7's never)...

Comments Welcome!