Monday, August 29, 2005

Holiday blues

Well I definately have a case for saying I still have the holiday blues, I just want to go back and chill a while longer. Can't do that though the betfair Live game is coming up on the 9th and 10th i'll get a chance to put some names to faces. Really looking forwards to that one.

My prediction was nearly right, I let my pal play 2k of my account, drew the rest out by cheque in case he got too giddy, and the 2nd day in it was gone. We were 50/50 so that's 1k down, no ice cream for the kids for 2 weeks, how much do people pay for ciggies in the UK (as i ponder how to earn it back) :-)

Just one more off the subject of poker, whilst away on the 3rd night I nipped to get my Family a pizza, the shop was directly opposite to our hotel and when I got there it was closed. Next best thing to pizza? 4 packs of bacon fries for the family from the boozer next door. Ate my bacon fries, this divpott started gobbing at me in the bar, I told him to get F****D off and he went for me all guns blazing. Next thing I remember is waking up in my Hotel bed with two black eyes and no memory of the incident other than the police turning up and these spanish youths were all stood around me asking me if i was ok.

Walking through the hotel with my shades on this manchester lad pulls me up and says you had no chance son, they was on you like a pack of wolves. On asking him what happened apparently once this lad kicked off inside I retaliated and the group he was with decided to give him a hand. He said I went outside they followed and was proper trying to do some damage, on my knees at one time but never knocked out which I thought must have happened because of the memory loss. A group of spanish locals came and broke it up and the police arrived with 2 ambulances, one for me and one for the other twat I hope.

Seriously though, this is not a blogg for any other purpose than to highlight to myself where my personality is flawed on and off the tables. Here is my perspective, at the time the adrenalin would be pumping and I'm in the boozer full of anger at some balmpot who wants to have a pop at me, not considering the odds or the negative EV of the situation i proceed to move in instead of asking myself "is this the correct decision?", as a result get my head kicked in by a bunch of footy fans and dedide the next day in hindsight it was a BAD MOVE.

Yes poker and life very much integrated and easy to associate with real life situations, i have a son who was 1 yr old on Friday, an older lad of 11 and 2 x daughters 12 & 13. They could have had a dad that was incapable of dignity through brain damage etc. through lack of making the right decision at the appropriate time. I need to correct it fast..

Wondering if it's correct to put this in my journal cos i dont want to come over as anything other than someone who was in the wrong place at the wrong time, well hey it's my blogg.. I have the scars to prove it....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry to hear about your ordeal toshi - hope you are ok...

8:35 pm  
Blogger MrDigital said...

Yeah i'm fine, prefer a good beating to a bad beat :-)

6:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home