Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Cash is KING

Well yesterday took a trip back to cash, I had played a couple of Stt’s in the daytime and went out very early, not in the mood so I sit about playing like a maniac on level 1 didn’t do myself any favours.

Entered 15k GTD Started pretty well then went low on chips so a little gambling or Heavenly Aggression (taken from Korpen. The Fisken) (korpen. With a full stop BTW) as I like to call it took place. After building my stack to above average got the Old American Airlines arrive on my desktop, raise 4 x BB player goes all in and has my stack covered turns over Pocket 5’s and hits a set on the turn Night Night. Bit ironic really cos I’d just outdrawn someone when I was short stacked with A7 against AK (ce la vie)...

So Fuck this tourney lark I’m missing the cash let’s get it on... Most of my early success and bankroll build up from behind to in front has come on the £5/10 6 seated NL tables but I don’t know if I’m playing correctly on them If that makes sense, It doesn’t to me and I’m writing it but that’s how it is (think I’m reading too many books). I do like playing on the 10 seaters and always feel comfy playing them, the £10/20 is well within my reach but I feel apart from the odd Fishes that jump on and quickly off skint that I’m definitely not superior to any of the players and sometimes the mug on the table is probably me.

To me the thinking there is incorrect as far as being a confident poker player is concerned, I must be positive, I cannot play on a table where I’m feeling inferior, but I shouldn’t be feeling inferior, I’m overall 3.5k up on that table?? so incorrect thinking yes! Correct thinking to avoid the table yes! A double edged sword but one side causes a superficial wound that can soon heal, the other a fatal downward spiral that I want to avoid.

Anyway found a 10 seated £2/5 NL cash table containing 3 players who I know to be very fishy, cant throw top pair away in the face of adversity, reminds me of someone I know sometimes!, in general a good soft table to get my teeth into. First hour I’m up and down can’t seem to get paid off on my good hands, so I try and loosen the table up a bit with a few OTT raises. It worked, it definitely worked, the table seemed to tilt a little but all the action was everywhere but at my front door. I was real cold decked I mean real bad and if I got QQ the flop would be guaranteed to have over cards, twas one of those days I told myself.

The niggling thought at the back of my mind was, “you’re playing shit, you can only play when you get the cards, sort the job out”, but it just wasn’t happening and the negative thoughts are with me again. Just loading Poker Tracker . . . . . . . . Lost £563 on that table and was clever enough not to lose more in 2.5hrs and I was tired, thought better days are ahead and went to bed. Oh plus 2 x stt’s and a multi down £700+ today.

Now here’s some hypocrisy, I read a players blog and told him if poker was boring him and the fun was missing have a break it works wonders. He responded by saying tried it came back and had a real bad run. Well I’m eating my advice cos I’m shite and I blame the break (LOL).

I feel it’s just a phase I’m going through at the min, day, week, and month oooer; anyway I do wonder how other players think when the going is tough and nothing seems to be running smoothly, what changes do they make. My thoughts on the job are being ahead of the game bankroll wise doesn’t mean you should keep chucking money into the pot for people to swallow up.

Now to me that’s when to me you need a real long break from the game, and I don’t think I’ve reached that stage YET… GG WP UL ATVB!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home