Thursday, September 08, 2005

Hell and back! ok not that bad but....

How long can a bad run of cards last?
Do you play through it and create your table image of weak/tight cos your missing that much and even a bluff sparks 3 all in re-raises?Or do you start calling with the 62 93 10 3's and see if you can flop a monster?
Should I play 1c 2c Limit for a while?

Answers on a postcard to . . . . . . .

Yes the cards carried on last night in the same fashion and I stuck it out I even posted a reply to someone on the forum (bad beat poster) my sympathies cos this deck has been running cold a long time now. Another £500 placed on Tupelo the £2/5 NL 10 seated cash table and another 2 hours of painfully experiencing bad cards after bad cards, again it wasn’t my night.

I recognized I was on tilt a little; started playing the odd hand out of position like 97, 10 8 etc. It actually added to the frustration cos every one of those hands missed completely which made me emotionally more frustrated. I was down to about £128 and I had a stab at a pot with top pair and lost £40 in total when he hit two pair on the river and left me reeling with £88 left.

My decision was to come off with the £88 it wasn’t worth staying on just to feed people, I might as well donate to charity If I’m giving it away, however, I waited for my free cards to come round and before its my BB I will leave table. Well the hand before a player sits out so my BB is automatically Posted, fuck I thought! Oi Oi QQ, I raise when it gets round to me get 2 x callers flop QKK take the pot down with a nice short stack all in desperation move and hey presto….

One of the players who used to play under the name BITOLA and always makes me laugh with his table tilting techniques type’s in ‘NOOOOW GOOO ANDDDD FOOOKKKK THEEEE TABLEEEE TOSSSHHIIIIIBAAAAAA’.

Well my luck changed and in a very short space of time;

Dealer: Game #841418784, Toshiwonk wins pot (£280) with A Full House, Tens full of Queens
Dealer: Game #841495744, Toshiwonk wins pot (£265) with Two Pairs, Jacks and Eights, Ten high
Dealer: Game #841495754, Toshiwonk wins pot (£234.75) with Three of a kind, Twos, Ace high
Dealer: Game #841495784, Toshiwonk wins pot (£209) with A Full House, Jacks full of Kings

Just a section of about 30 mins play!

Left the table with £1102 not bad from £88 quid and a bit of the confidence entered my brain. Does outline the importance of patience, and being able to have the ability to minimize losses when cold decked; it is as important as selling your good hands for the maximum when you hit. I’m fascinated again; this game gets ever more complex…

GL ATVB.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home