Tuesday, November 08, 2005

These are always going to be quick updates!

Well just a quick update as I like to keep it going at least on a weekly basis and its coming up to 2 weeks on Friday.

Strange enough that I can’t really post my weeks or fortnightly earning / losses only guess this time. Funny how when you win you know exactly how much but when you lose or when I lose it’s a different kettle of fish.

Lost £1200 one day and the next day I was playing two £5/10 tables and on one table I was solid as a rock on the other I was gambling, it was like I was using one tables profits to gamble on the other table. Anyway needless to say on the solid table I won £1800 and on the gambling one I lost £1800 FFS. The £1800 loss was both all ins on nut flush draws that missed leaving me scratching my Barnett once again.

In future I think its best to work from what I have invested in my poker accounts at the minute and then withdraw or deposit as and when is necessary. Today in my betfair account I have £8250 and in my Ladbrokes account that I have opened I have $2000 while I try it out. I like to have a minimum 5k in my betfair account and my normal process is to (try) building it up to 15k then withdrawing 10k.

Last Friday night I entered a ‘live’ £750 double chance freeze out tournament in Sheffield and held my own with some of the UK’s top rated tournament pro’s which gave me a huge ego boost. I didn’t know any of them apart from the celeb types i.e. Greco, Mad Marty Wilson etc. which suited me cos I wasn’t in awe of anyone and just played my game. After 8hrs and my short stack all in with KJ being called and beaten by the table’s rock with AQ I went home placed 13th very pleased with my performance and my management of dismal cards all night. B4MATT another betfair player actually won the event £16800 he was the one pointing all the pros out to me, WP Matt GG.

I have found that I am a much better player live than online, I just seem to play more solid poker. I am not passive in anyway but I tend to be able to lay hands down a lot easier on the felt than when I have a mouse in my hand. The experience of playing this tourney, (I play live regular small stakes BTW) has given me an edge to look for online and I need to tighten up my game instead of taking unnecessary risks sometimes and blowing my stack. The thing I noticed is that ok we have beats and they are part of the game but beats + Bad play = Negative Expectation and I am fully aware of the concept of minimizing losses so I need to apply it to my poker.

Last night I entered the CPC Sixpac $130 qualifier for the 6 Seat GTD ST Kitts package on betfair and won my place in the $1000 + $50 final on Saturday at midnight so I am going to concentrate on qualifying and keeping off the beer on Saturday L .

Tonight I put my discipline into practice and jumped on two £5/10 cash tables and played a solid game which saw me showing after 45 mins a steady profit of £600 that I fully intended to hold on to. I made some pretty big lay downs for my normal style and was concentrating on building up nice and steady when the missus came in with the kids the dog and everyone else that could fit into my office. Needless to say in a matter of 5 minutes flat I had blown the profit plus another £600 so in total £1200. I had to just leave the table it was a bad call by the player IMO (I would say that now wouldn't I) but terrible play by me, I just wasn’t focused and paid the price.

Anyway here goes.

----- HOLE CARDS -----
Dealt to Toshiwonk [8c 8d]
luckyjimm: calls £10
PUNTER63: calls £10
StuBlue: raises to £50
Toshiwonk: calls £50
luckyjimm: calls £40
----- FLOP ----- [6d 3s 5h]
luckyjimm: checks
PUNTER63: checks
StuBlue: bets £212
Toshiwonk: calls £212
luckyjimm: folds
PUNTER63: folds
----- TURN ----- [6d 3s 5h][3h]
StuBlue: bets £180
Toshiwonk: calls £180
----- RIVER ----- [6d 3s 5h 3h][6h]
StuBlue: checks
Toshiwonk: bets £1030.50 and is all-in
StuBlue: is all-in £612.84
Returned uncalled bets £417.66 to Toshiwonk
----- SHOW DOWN -----
Toshiwonk: shows [8c 8d] (Two Pairs, Eights and Sixes, Five high)
StuBlue: shows [Qh Qd] (Two Pairs, Queens and Sixes, Five high)
StuBlue collected £2221.68 from Main pot

5 minutes earlier I would have got away without a blemish but in the heat of the moment I played like a complete prat yet again and gave my profit plus VAT. I can’t explain any of it it’s just total bollox , shite play… I should have checked on the river at least but hit the all-in instead, I mean he thought he was up against something hence the check but I should have …………. …………. I just thought the board was scary enough for me to take the pot down ………………. Come and get me that’s all I can say…

Apart from that everything is fantastic at the minute... I’m back on the mat training Brazilian Ju Jitsu, walking/Jogging 5/6 miles every other day and I have a lot of control in my life at the minute as my fitness levels get back up and apart from the odd bit of muppetry my poker roll builds up.

P.S I think i'm invincible on six-pacs at the minute and will be concentrating on them more as well as talking shite...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice write up Toshi.

You said it yourself, the only thing you did wrong after playing the eights was not checking at the end. He wouldn't have called your all in with AK or AQ so it's check and take the pot or check and lose it.

Glad your back hitting the roads, same as me, can your knee take the pounding?

Speak soon mate and stay lucky..:):)


JPJ

6:52 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog Toshi..

There is point staying off the beer on Saturday m8 - your $1000 CPC torny is on Friday night at midnight ie played in the early hours of Saturday morning and not Saturday night at midnight. Go check it out.. Nearly made the same week myself a few backs back.

Good luck.

Juicyfruit

3:20 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FFS * Should have read " Nearly made the same mistake myself a few weeks back"

TY WP

3:24 pm  
Blogger MrDigital said...

Well JPJ ,
Im luvin it at the minute and feel great, then knees are better than they have ever been so fingers crossed.

Hey Juicy,
Fook it did cross my mind I will check now missing that would be a bad beat.

Anonymous,
LOL that's all I can add !!

6:26 pm  
Blogger Razboynik said...

Hi Toshiwonka !
Great site.
StuBlue's small bet on the turn is probably what sucked you in; thinking that he had an AK AQ.
Cheers.

4:35 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home