Friday, October 14, 2005

Please don't read if bored easily!

OK OK NCFC_Rob just a quick update due to the fact that I’ve been really busy and have fell out with poker a bit.

Not really any bad results winning about 2k for the week but the negative thoughts are still kicking about, you know I’m seeing some people play and thinking hey now they are good = I’m shit LOL

Also I’ve noticed some players how they talk about soft tables etc ! !

Whenever I look at a table it looks rock hard and well that’s even 1c 2c Limit ! !

I can’t see where the money is ! !

But I can see where it will go if I join the table, comprende? ! !

Anyway I’ve recently had a real good run on the Six-Pac STT’s just playing £60 & £90’s and the odd £120 but seem to be able to hold my own and nick a few quid here and there(in fact I think I’m pretty good at em). Only problem is at the minute I’m too aggressive heads up and keep getting 2nd places far more than 1st but here I can see where I’m going wrong; Sometimes in cash I don’t see until after the event (hence bloggs of defeat and woe). I’m playing these STT’s in the day if I’ve got any phone calls to make or general business to do but I have made a conscious decision to try and get out in the big bad world and focus more on business and HEALTH IMO I have abused it too much. If I kept playing, at this rate my fingernails will be 6 foot long and my arse will be 10 foot wide (or wider before the comments start pouring in) so action is required.

P.S Managed 8th in 35k GTD and 8th in 15k GTD so tourney play is improving. . .

SO ON A DIFFERENT NOTE

2yrs ago I was a very fit 17st 6lb Brazilian Ju Jitsu (ground fighting) student also training doing combat Ju Jitsu (street) and squash 3 x a week with whatever else training I could fit in. Apart from sports induced migraine I was a mean lean farting machine, and it followed into other areas of my life, things were great and I could eat what I wanted. However, erm erm cough cough, I was sparring one night and threw a 25st man over my shoulder with what’s called a sweeping hip throw, at one stage you are balancing on one leg while you twist and sweep your opponent. I twisted the 25st monster with my combined 17.5st and my foot stayed where it was whilst my leg carried on spinning, resulting in what you can imagine as every tendon, ligament, cartilage snapped whilst I did a 180 degree turn with my foot going nowhere, the bones in my leg decided to take chunks out of each other in the process and my training career was over. The road to recovery was going to be a long one . On the night it happened I did my usual, pretended nothing was wrong smiled, allowed them to carry me to my car, went home and the fun started a few days later when the doctor confirmed what i already knew i'd done (serious damage)…

Now here’s a bad beat and believe me I was twisting in my seat whilst typing it with the thought of what happened that night. As a result my recovery has been made on sedentary lifestyle with a brain that thinks 100 mph with no real results for its work! Bring on NL Texas Holdem and between my work which is more organising and communicating I have banged on a whopping 2.5 stone. White wine and takeaways have been my vice oh and JD and coke Blah Blah Blah. The injury and Poker has eased me away from health into feel shit in your temple mode.

OK “you can take the man out the jungle but you can’t take the jungle out of the man” so poker is here to stay for a while whilst I improve, however here is my latest self psychological self analysis belief.

I think the fact that I have grown to be a fat twat whiling away on the pizza/Indian/Chinese/Italian whatever I can feed my face with is affecting my poker. I have lost my focus and not just at the tables. The poker has helped me escape from my injury (which is now 100% better) and created a new one in so much as (weight gain and lack of motivation)! In my quest for poker knowledge in as quick as time as possible I have let other areas of my life suffer. Even down to my relationship with my girlfriend and kids. Yes I am a selfish twat (for want of a better word); don’t think there’s owt wrong with being selfish sometimes you have to take time out for yourself. I have developed an escape from the reality of the fact that I have had to make a full recovery instead of an half baked

“yeah i'm getting there, but hey I’m a top poker player, I have a right to be fat” LMAO.

So what’s this blogg about?? Dunno you tell me…

I’m used to being active, buzzing about full o beans, I’ve developed a lazy attitude and I need to get back at it. You won’t recognise me at the next BFWCOP and I think that the fact I have recognised an area that requires drastic improvement it will have a knock on effect in my quest for poker stardom... ATVB

I feel sorry for who is reading this blog, my forward apologies… Sweet dreams if you aren’t already asleep…

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Toshi.

Deep mate, very deep.

Sounds like your clearing that mind of the negativity thats in your life.

If you've got yourself back to fitness after that injury then you'll have no problems moving on.

Motivate yourself and try and get the girlfriend involved, it's easier if someone does it with you.

Good luck pal and speak soon.


JPJ

11:16 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Toshi.

Sorry to hear about your injury, glad things seem to be improving now.

The unhealthy lifestyle that goes with poker is one that can easily take over your life. You only have to read any forum to know that.

I started playing poker exactly one year ago to the day. I played more than I should have and was aware that I needed to moderate my "enjoyment of poker." I still love the game and play around 3 hours a day, but I feel I'm well on top of things now.

As you are well aware, nothing is more important than your family and your health.

Good luck with your health, and your poker!

SM

4:48 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally someone else who mixes the twin pleasures of Poker and BJJ.
Its tough getting back into it after a serious injury,out of shape,feels awkward,all the guys you used to tap are miles better etc,but stick with it.

1:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home