Thursday, September 29, 2005

Well here is today

Played ‘live’ last night and came home losing £300 at 5am in the morning, one of those nights. Top set on the flop manage to get my chips in, beaten by a runner runner flush, KQ all in against J 7 flops brings a 7, AQ all in against A 6 blah blah blah… Played for 8 hrs and lost £300 PAH... wheres my PC!

Got out of bed at 11am and Jumped on a £5/10 6 seated around dinner time after 4 x strong coffees without watching or analysing any of the players in the game. About three of them were names I didn’t recognize and two others RayVon and Psychatog whom regularly play the £5/10 tables. Had a few minor skirmishes and not the best of starts but I did give myself a pretty loose image which paid off later in the game.

Things seem clearer when you’re in the mood and you don’t have any distractions to hand and that is one area of my poker that needs sorting if I’m going to take it more serious. I have a 12month old boy and an 8 week old staffie to contend with, plus a girlfriend that thinks I’m having an online affair because I spend so much time with my PC.

Anyway back to the table, RayVon is a very aggressive player he was seated directly to my left and he got the table going with some very good timed raises, 5 x limpers RayVon £70 raise you think he’s at it but not strong enough to say hello so not strong enough=fold. Anyway long story short, my starting requirements take a drop and I have a few stabs at some pots.

SB I get 67 clubs every one limps and I limp to Mr. Von who makes a cool £70 raise on the BB. 1 player who is showing signs of tilt and I make a loose call to see a flop. Flop comes 885 2 x diamonds so I’m open ended (with a flush blagg draw escape route) and 1st to act which I check and Mr. Von bets £125 other player folds and I call. Turn is a 6s and now I like the shape I’m in and I also don’t think I’m up against anything other than a bluff/continuation bet. I check again and he bets out £400 . . . I have 13 outs plus my Diamond bluff draw and I’m about 5/2 to catch on the river (legitimately) if i'm incorrect in my hand reading analysis.

I call and the river is a Jack of diamonds so I could bet here and represent the made flush but I believe I’m in front and if I bet I’ll only get called if I’m beat (cant rule out the misread for the 1000th time) so I check and RayVon checks to which I win the hand with a pair of 6’s, I was correct and the hand held up. Hope this all made sense!

Ended up winning £1097 in just over an hour and I’m finished for the day... GL

Oh hang on a minute well just one more then... Went out last night and had a few beers came in and couldn't resist it :-( anyway was just looking on the tables see who was playing and chatting to Shaboom and another player Hangman. I decided to enter a £90 + 8 six-pac, came first playing very aggressive loose poker but managed to maintain some discipline won £405. Look around and find 10 seated £50 + 5 STT and enter that. Ultra aggressive head spinning play wins me that as well so add another £250 to the kitty.

I'm invincible (ha ha) sees a six-pac with squidy and Mavis registered have to have a go at this one, a gutshot re-union i type in and even Filth is here with us to see my chips dissappear. Oh forgot to mention kthomas00 the new online abuser was playing and was quiet for a change. Well i lasted about 5 minutes in level 1 it was now mega ultra ultra aggressive, squiddy typed in 'u pissed toshi?' dont know why he thought that but anyway no wonder he so good on the STT's he even can smell alchohol on me :-) . Anyway went to bed after that one, not a bad day in the office and I avoided cash when slightly pissed... GL again.

£1430 for the day .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home