Thursday, September 29, 2005

Confidence is back

My confidence levels are back on the up and I have been hitting the £5/10 tables and getting some good results...

Jumped on a table that looked a bit lucrative and fishy and within a couple of minutes was winning £100 which I like because it allows you to settle into the game early and get a feel for the players. UTG I get AA and raise it to £30 every one folds and I can’t get my breath because this table at the minute everyone is calling any raise apart from mine.

Few minutes later KK in small blind and table full of limpers I raise this time to £50 I’m sure I’ll get some action and I get 2 callers one (on tilt) the other an aggressive/solid player. Flop is 884 with 2 x spades on board to which I make a pot sized bet of £200, fishy folds and Solid calls, turn is a rag and I bet again £400. Again solid calls, another rag on river and I’m sure I’m in front and this player is drawing so I could check to induce a bluff; maybe put myself in the position of thinking oh fuck I’m behind, so I go all in he quickly folds.. I collect £1400 pot...

Baffled here cos this player isn’t as solid as I thought or he was hoping to take the pot away at some stage, I think maybe in the past he’s hit is draw and I’ve paid him off??

Not sure but he had something on his mind, or maybe I just overrated him!!

Sometimes you can give players too much respect and as a result it can affect your game and enhance theirs, that’s my theory anyway. Not that players shouldn’t be respected or ‘AVOIDED’ unless nice and strong yourself, but a lot will pick up on your passivity and take advantage of it. The credentials of a good all round player, (when the fox hears the rabbit screaming he comes a running, but not to help) springs to mind.

Playing STT’s as well £60 six-packs seem to be my area at the minute but I do sometimes lose patience and my stack in the process. Noticed I am quite good at working back from a small stack and think some of the plays can be used while healthy but psychologically when you are healthy you tend to be more careful, well I do. When my stack is dwindling I seem to be able to detect openings where I can exploit weak play and take the pots.

About £875 profit today... Which means yesterday...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home