Friday, October 21, 2005

Topsy Turvy Week

Another topsy turvy week but i've managed to find my feet (don’t know how long for) but we’ll see. I don’t have any bankroll management in place but subconsciously I do think I place some strings on the wallet when it comes to poker. As a result I don’t make massive amounts but tend to be able to hold my own which suits me really as I’m playing for recreation rather than proffession.

I’m not one of those players that automatically knows the percentages on every hand in an instant. However, in a previous post I mentioned that I was going to start relying on my instincts more and listening to my gut feel which I have and I’m much more comfortable as a result. Funny how those long runs of bad cards/beats etc affect you, I really started thinking I was wasting my time but this is the game they say ‘takes a minute to learn blah bla blah’.

Sat down at a £5/10 NL table and puts my starting 1k down, I was unfamiliar with the line-up but there was quite a lot of money on the table and the average pot was at that time about £350... Mmmm my plan is to play tight see how the players are playing try and get a feel for the table etc. I wait till it’s my turn and as the BB post my £10 and get dealt 89c UTG raises to £30 and every one calls, ok so I like the hand but not to keen on the position I call £20. Flop Kc 6h 7d giving me an open ended straight draw, I check, UTG bets £100 another caller (player X) all else fold to me who smooth calls the bet. Turn brings a Jc now I am open ended with a (through the back door) flush draw. I check again UTG again bets £100 and then Player X raises to £200 now I believe UTG is a bit unsure of his hand and the raiser is probing believing he’s now in front, I smooth call the raise hoping UTG calls and with 3 of us in if I miss on the river and my bad position I’ll let them fight it out. River brings a 3c BOOM I’ve hit my hand, the endorphins are released and I’m not playing for a hand and laying it now I’ve hit so I check again UTG moves ALL-IN for £495 player X goes ALL-IN for £988.

OK quick analysis tells me some-one could have hit a bigger flush than mine but if that’s the case I’m paying them off so I call. The UTG shows his pair turned into 2 pair on the river Kh 3s. Player X shows his pair turned into 2 x pair on the turn Ks JS and I had a straight/flush outer turned into a flush King high on the river.

Total pot £2884.15 Main pot £2529.45 Side pot #1 £351.70 Rake £3
Board [Kc 6h 7d Jc 3c]
Toshiwonk (big blind) showed [9c 8c] and won (£2881.15) with A Flush, King high

What a good start to the evening! LOL ! How we speak too soon . . .

Cut a long story short I could have hit and run here but I thought I’d stick around a while wanted to maybe make a few more quid. There was a player called Flatliner playing and he just could not miss it was unbelievable, he wasn’t a bad player or anything he was just in (enter pot = he will hit mode). I called a preflop raise from him with A 10 d flop came 6h 4d 7d so I’ve got a nice flush draw which I miss but the board reads 6 4 7 3 3 and I’m confident he has no part of it and is on a high pair or two big overcards to the board.. I make a bet for value of £299 I think it’s enough to send him away but he calls and his AA beats my Ace high Grrr . Thought I played it well overall but he wasn’t being taken away when he’s on such a roll UL GG WP.

Then I hit a pair of fours and raised it to £40 juice the pot in case I hit and got 4 x callers, flop 3d Jd 4h = nice I bet out on the flop £60 and get a caller, Flatliner raises to £150 and I think great, let’s crank it up if he has a set of Jacks then I’m re-loading cant fear the set here I won’t allow it I re-raise to £240 he re-raises to £4032.25 I call. Turn shows a 2d (don’t like that card) river comes Ac and Flatliner show’s [Jd Td] (A Flush, Jack high)
Ouch I’m wiped out with one almighty swoop and it’s time to re-load.

There were some more hands like this I kept cutting and pasting them so I could analyse them after but in general a good game with lots of contested pots and me in a position of winning £1888 1st hand dealt I’ve now give that back and re-loaded twice so I’m now 2k down. I was going to leave but there was money to be had and the table was loose so I just tightened up and picked my spots and eventually built my stack up to £4k. This took me six hours LOL but I must admit I enjoyed the ups and downs and had a good bit of friendly banter at the table when hawko, bampot etc. joined.

So stats for the night:

1st hand other night on £5/10 won a £2,888.50 pot with a flush and stayed around...
lost the profit plus another 2k came off 6 hrs later 1k up... !!

so here's the math’s 6hrs = £1000
30 Secs = £1,888.50

I like the first option for play and the 2nd option for the wonga !!

Really enjoying myself at the minute poker is on the back burner whilst I fire up my training and get my head into other projects I’ve got going at the minute... There’s a fight night (Mixed Martial Arts No Holds Barred) coming up in 26th November in Doncaster that a good friend of mine is organizing and I think I’m just about ready for a return to the sport that got me into poker in the 1st place.. ATVB


Profit for week £4600 - Odd glitches in the software discipline wise but overall happy with my play...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home