Monday, October 31, 2005

Not full steam ahead (YET)

Right this week been steady away and not really had chance to play much poker, well not much regarding the hours I sometimes fit in to my 'oh I can do that tomorrow schedule', but a decent weeks play overall.

Played 3 x £120 sixpacs on Friday night won 2 and placed 3rd in the other. I then jumped on the £10/20 NL 10 seated table and won 1k whilst playing a £1 STT, yes that’s correct a £1 STT. The funny thing was I concentrated more on that £1 STT table than I did on the £10/20. Wanted to test dpommo's theory of having a slanging match to relieve tension! As the first hand was dealt I typed into the chatbox ‘I WILL WIN‘ which started a torrent of abuse that lasted till eventually they got rid of me LOL. Don’t get me wrong I gave it back as good as i received but never got personal and that’s where the battle can be won on the tables with people that want to abuse. Its either ignore them completely or have a clever/witty go back if and when they get personal you are in their head and have conquered them! which normally results in their originall plan of sending you on tilt backfiring. Came off the £10/20 with 1k profit and £700 odd from the six-pacs.

Jumped on a £2/5 midweek and played real loose and the table just tilted big style and left me winning a very easy £800 with the comments “fish how can you call a raise with A 6 suited?” I apologised for not playing textbook and left with my £800 profit scratching my head as to how they sleep at night if they can only play !perfect poker!...

Been reading squiddy and pennick’s blogg and squidy has recorded a fair bit of success on Ladbrokes poker site. Another Betfair player also told me he joined the site and within a session won $33k (wants to remain anonymous). So I put £1000 into my new account and conducted a player search for squidy (great facility) players will be able to hunt for me when I log on :( . Anyway bring on table singer $3/6 NL 6 seated. Deposited $600 on the table and played for a couple of hours and came off with $1400 some real poor players on there, even I could recognise they were poor!!.

One player was on major tilt had re-loaded 12 times Squidy being the receiver of most of them re-loads ULGG WP. Ladbrokes looks a decent site but is very non user friendly, i found it more stressfull trying to bet correctly than anything cos if you're not carefull you can easily be betting $420 into a $20 pot !!!

Now I normally update on Fridays but I’ve been real busy this week so the above is a short and simple account of my short and simple week. Last night I threw the 10k mtt on purpose cos I had more important things on my plate. Yes tracking Dpommo (David Pomroy) and his success in the EPT Dublin!!!

I’m playing well at the minute profit for this week £2900

So enough of my shit lets move on to the main event. . . .

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the winning run continues m8.....

not wanting to you to name names (i wouldn't know them anyway!)but was the $33k in an MTT or cash games? Just downloaded Lads last week and thinking of giving it a whirl. They seem to have some decent high stakes NL tables - will have to scope it out and see how they compare to crypto. Oh and am I right in thinking you can't get rakeback there?

all the best!

bampot

2:13 pm  
Blogger MrDigital said...

Hey bam,

Cash tables $25/50 NL I think the stakes were. I asked about rake he said he was not on a rake deal but was going to ring and find out. If I hear anything i'll give you a shout. GL

2:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cheers tosh

awesome stuff from dpommo! what a score for your first major tourney. I'll imagine he's gutted to go out on hand he was a fave to win a huge pot in but 60k is not a bad weekend's 'work'!

bampot

9:17 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TUSHYWINKER,

Good read there bud....

I believe that SQUIDARAMA was 7K up on ladbrokes over the weekend and then blew it all.....

SHAABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

9:58 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol, I was on that very STT!! Don't think I got involved too much with you but did find it quite amusing, remembering why you were like that when playing at such a low level, now I know.

Fearny

6:27 pm  
Blogger MrDigital said...

UL GG WP SQUIDDDYYYY OMG
SHAMOOOWN

LOL Fearny!

2:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home