Monday, October 31, 2005

Official Dublin EPT final table Blog

Well Dpommo says it all on his blog just follow the link to the right of this page…

But just to add water, I wasn't actually at the EPT wish I was but I have been following Dpommos poker blog recently and the high's and low's of his proffessional career. The blog has been intresting and thought provoking stuff, a person that admits doesn't enjoy the grind of playing cash poker but makes his living doing so!

Well a major tourney win would, to me, bring that spark into his poker life that he doesn't seem to get from the cash at the minute.

The intrest in the EPT Dublin was made more intense by the fact that I fully beleive he has the skills and the courage to take one of these tourney's down, and the week prior he was edging on should I / shouldn't I go proportions. Now maybe the blog helped him here because he said if he had a good week and felt right he would go and the decision was to go (it was in black and white).
Anyway I started the (official thread) thing as a laugh because on the forum numerous people were posting different threads/chip counts etc. and one person in particular (Mandylou) decided to start another something like (post here instead of anywhere else thread). Me and Heaven decided to post up as well for the laugh to piss on his strawberries, knowing that he would take it in jest but to drum up a bit of a laugh.

I posted (Official EPT Dublin thread) and heaven posted something similar. However, my competitive nature set in and i decided that I would try and do like they do on blonde and create a good thread with regular updates. It succeeded and the thread was over 7 pages long and a little insight into the support network you can build in cyberspace was created.

Quote from the thread!
"sat here in my kitchen utterly miserable, actually close to tears for Pommo now that I try to digest the whole day/night's drama" ... (KPNUTS)

He was at the event, true feelings coming out in text for everyone to read it was unreal, the support from everyone was outstanding and i must admit I was well into the saga so much so I actually felt like i was there. The updates on blonde are 2nd to non but when you read the updates they seemed to have taken on pommo and adopted him as one of their own. No negative stuff all positive and eventually he ended up 3rd in his 1st ever major tourney and 70k wealthier.

Now I met David Pomroy at the Gutshot club in London on a betfair occasion and quick analysis of him was a young genuine person with no edge whatsoever, more than willing to party and doesn't take life too seriously. I have played against him on the £5/10 NL cash tables before and have full respect for his game, tend to avoid him ;) .

Anyway that night I was playing online but was more intrested in the EPT and my (Official) thread so I got rid of my chips in the 10k GTD and concentrated on the final day and how it unfolded.

What can I say...

Nothing more really than what already has been said... WP GG ATVB

Best of luck for the future..

P.S I entered a £750 double chance freezeout some top european pro's on my table also Greco, Mad Marty etc. and came 13th last friday just missing the money, who knows it might be my turn for some glory soon ...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In vino veritas, Toshi! Jeez, how pissed was I when I left the lads' weekend penthouse an hour before I wrote that! Enjoy your blog, mate... keep up the good work :-)

3:51 am  
Blogger Dpommo said...

I'm honoured mate :D

5:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home