Tuesday, March 21, 2006

RAKING it in ! Not yet but it's coming to a table near you.

Quick update on my break from poker. I'm back playing intermittently and really find that I’ve improved as a player in every aspect. Tilt still exists within and can do it's devilish damage but it's under control, hand reading skills have improved 10 fold and my luck is probably above average at the minute.

Mmm keep looking at the £25/50 10 seated NL on betfair it looks soooo juicy, however the odd multi and no more than 3 x 6-pacs a day for the moment. I say no more than 3 because I tend to find that more than 2hrs is too much at the poker table when focussing on a game. Multi’s I tend to not take notice too much of the table before the 1st couple of hours and music, TV etc are all good distractions.

At the minute Strictly (NO CASH) poker although I’m like an addict that thinks hey I’m clean I could play a bit of cash now I know I’m not ready yet; still e few creases to iron out. Losing 19k in a short period of time is a pisser but the manner in which it is lost is where I have learned a few things. Firstly, and undeniably even in the cold light of day I was on a miserable run of bad luck and bad cards (fact). However, secondly as a result I was not playing appropriate poker and one hand springs to mind which was the pinnacle of my tilty crap play.

Quick reflection coming:
I had witnessed dozens of premiums being busted and was pretty pissed to say the least, not alcohol BTW just playing pissed off (not good). I’m playing the 10/20 NL 10 seated cash and winning about £1500 so I have with my buy-in £3500 on the table and in late position I get dealt AA. Yes the best preflop starting hand possible, I remember when I got it thinking ooooh dear, anyway everyone folds round to ‘Rhaegar’ a Rock/solid player who frequents the Crypto tables who raises 4 x BB to £80. I feel I have to name the player here so that anyone who knows him will know what a Muppet play I made here. I smooth call and no other takers, see a flop 6 7 J Rhaegar bets £120 and I’m not messing here I re-raise to £240 to see where I am LOL. Rhaegar re-raises to £800 and I think SET SET SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET and proceed to re-raise all-in for all my stack – my AA will not be beat, it cant be beat, it’s lost too many times! Rhaegar calls with 6 7 and his 2 pair stand up as quick as I stand up to bang my head against the wall.

What have I learned from this and all the bad beats, A LOT. A lot about me in particular and a lot about poker which won’t be much to most but to me is a lot. I learned that OK I suffered terrible bad luck on occasion but had I not tilted the money I saved could have helped me earn it back. I lost 3k I didn’t need to here which is 1.5 buyin’s on 10/20 and if I add it all up I could have probably played through the bad run and came out on top like the top players do. Just an insight to my thinking here since having time out but obviously I could write forever with the amount of thinking I’ve been doing.

Back to now:
This blog has been a real reflection of my poker playing career and being able to look back on previous posts is a real eye opener and insight into the sometimes crazy view I have of events, especially when I was in 'Zombie' mode. In 'Zombie' mode I didn’t think it was tilt, it was everything else in my life the girlfriend, Kids, Dog, someone phoning me whilst in the middle of an important pots everyone but me basically. Playing like a twat was easy, it came natural. I looked for any reason I could to call instead of considering the opposite and well played like a twat. Also, I took the game serious and didn’t like the view one bit TY.

The only reason I have played the last couple of weeks is that a friend told me to check my account I may have some rake back and when I looked I had been credited with £300 so I though Ok I’ll have a dabble like the old days ‘bit of fun’ play. The account now has £3575 in it and I think Toshiwonka is back looking for some scalps!!!

The racehorse I bought MrToshiwonka 2yr old is doing really well and we have entered him for the £200,000 Super sprint @ Newbury in July so fingers crossed I’ll be in the winners enclosure with a bottle of the finest.

Good luck as always to anyone reading and be disciplined! LOOOOL


I would recommend a break to anyone feeling like the games against them it works wonders. I’ve lost a stone of poker weight as well. Only another 4 to go.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

did exactly the same against rhaegar at the £5/£10 table one night i had AA and did not lay down on QJx flop of course he had QJ. i knew while hitting the allin button that i was beat. i have retired toshi as it became an addiction and i found myself playing every night sometimes i crawled into bed for an hours kip before work. the game just takes up too much time when u have other responsibilities, i am also pissed off that i didn't bother to arrange a rake back deal as it could have saved me a couple of k at least over the year i played.
anyway all the best

12:41 pm  
Blogger Redcar said...

Well done Tosh
Chuffed to bits that you are enjoying it again
All the very best of luck
Redcar

10:22 am  
Blogger MrDigital said...

Cheers Rob & redcar TY

Well Anonymous, I can relate to you and wish you all the best. Maybe after a break you'll change your outlook and comeback to the tables with a vengeance that's down to you but thanks for commenting.

It is an easy escape from things sometimes as it is defo a game that messes with the old 'Sysnapses' in the brain...

GL

1:07 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a comment on that Rhagar hand, that is in no way a bad beat, he was the aggressor and you chose to slow play him, thats the risk, he just made an implied odds raise rather thn an implied odds call

6:14 pm  
Blogger MrDigital said...

In my explantation of the hand I mention bad beat but I'm not reffering to the rhaegar hand. That is an example of my TILTY play ... Hence the

'anyone who knows him will know what a Muppet play I made here!'.

I agree otherwise with your comment, raise with suited connecters and then connectin is the dream scenario against premium hand players on tilt :)

1:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home