Sunday, August 20, 2006

Time for a Holiday

I feel the need to update my blog as since gatsby has assisted in putting a hit counter on my site I've had quite a few hits!

My terrible play and booze induced calls are obviously generating some kind of intrest.

Anyway Vegas was great bring on the Carribean Poker Classic lets get some poker in. However, in the meanwhile It's time to spend some time with my family & Jamaica is the destination. In the morning we fly from Manchester (all 6 of us) erghhhh to Beaches Negril for what i'm hoping will be the dogs ballearics of a break for us all.

Here I go again with this blog. The above was it... period... apart from wishing everyone good luck at the tables and yet again I start typing and allsorts of thoughts start popping into my head that need to go down on my virtual paper.

Just lately I have been taking some advice from kinghawko about my terrible run and play in the six-pacs of late and all the beats/tilting etc. that goes with such a bad run. I told him one night that I felt like I had forgot how to win six-pacs and after a few pointers and a little tweaking (all credit where due) I have actually started winning again. I had previously made the decision that I was going to go back playing cash as I never had any problems there (cough Cough) LMAO.

Poker=Problems that's why we all love/hate it so much.

Anyway due to sharkscope's incorrect statistics that keep telling me how shite I am every time I log on, I have decided to stick around until I have turned things around for my own peice of mind. There's my obbsessive nature at it again, I mean I could have left a long time ago and probably be back having success on the cash tables but i cant help myself - I'm a results oriented person and my results are carp.... Any way if you want to check my poor results on sharkscope just log-in and type ........................ ---------------------->>>> leemur1 ;)

You know what? I actually do know how to win 6-pacs it was there all along all it needed was someone else to point it out! it's so wierd how your head gets in this game it's unreal!

A few things I have noticed about my own style of play and my character.

1] The more I learn the more I realise I don't know about the game.

2] As I apply what I have learned it takes me ages to integrate it into my game/personality & my results suffer till its IN.

3] I didn't think I tilted 'Live' but I do especially when I'm ave stacked or under for some reason - the pressure starts inside and the NEED TO RACE syndrome starts.

4] I dont beleive people in online poker enough where I do have a spidey sense 'Live'.

5] I have an all or nothing personality that needs managing with total discipline. I am the one that can't go out for a meal and have 1 glass of wine with a meal. If I can remember what's happened the night before I havent been drinking.

6] I can pick tells up from people by using information they send out subconsciously, I thought I was the one that couldn't. (when you do start noticing things you wont stop) it's called memory by association.

Anyway ramble ramble ramble - had enough now.

Many thanks to kinghawko for his efforts in nurturing the monster within, oh and as I was going to say earlier.

All the very best at the tables...

3 Comments:

Blogger Small Stakes Poker said...

Enjoy your hols mate.

2:21 am  
Blogger Alex Martin said...

Have fun dude.

Might be a good opportuinity to read up.... McEvoy and Vines "How to win No-Limit Holdem tournaments" is just about the best book there is out for that imo. The Ronseal of NLHE tournament books. Might be nice to dip in while prefecting the tan in Jammyville. ;)

10:35 pm  
Blogger Smart Money said...

Enjoy Jamaica. Iriemon!

12:22 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home