Monday, July 31, 2006

The Big Dance 30th July 2006

Pre Main event entry...

Last night I went out for a meal with a few professional players. I won’t mention their names for media purposes and bragging rights if they win (cough cough). Had a great meal at the Wynn Hotel sampling only the finest of foods and wines the perfect pre event nightcap. I had this beef, forget what it’s called where they apparently massage the cow every day for only the finest cuts when he’s ready for the inevitable. Sorry to any veggies but hey I had a massage this morning and if I could have one every day for free then you could eat me when I’m gone too.

Anyway it was a good buzz and I enjoyed every bit of it thanks for the invite!

Ok today as previously mentioned was go deep within and find myself day. I started of with some aromatherapy then a massage and for 2.5hrs I actually disappeared off this planet into another dimension. The normal process for me to change ‘State’ is either writing these online journals or getting pissed. I find blogging the easiest way to start flowing and always end up with a large amount of text when at first I couldn’t think of anything to write. As a result blogs are a form of therapy for me and a way to put things down for all to see so I can put the thoughts away as they are logged analysed and forgotten.

Getting pissed is my demon and the state it brings is never an enjoyable one as I drink to get drunk too much and have spent too much of my life doing so. My drinking seems to be a sort of self punishment I mean why keep waking up feeling shitty after drinking too much? It baffles me but I go out and do it again and again, time after time! Moderation Ha! another time maybe but not tonight I tell myself maybe tomorrow. Tomorrow comes I feel shit again but it’s not because of the alcohol poisoning my system it’s because I’m sick of drinking and I feel guilty for doing it.

Anyway now that’s out of my system where was I? Oh yes well ermmm it’s been one of those experiences for me this WSOP thing and I feel like I’ve already won. The time I have spent here alone has opened my mind up to allsorts of locked away thoughts and emotions. For all the tilt sessions I must thank the poker gods for this journey as I couldn’t have done it without them. I have been reflecting whilst here about allsorts of things that are important in my life and all of them important things none are related to money.

I have put the effort into utilising this trip to change where I am going and I have made a lot of progress. I have been proud of the way I have prepared for this event, I know I’m not the best player on earth but I have done everything in my power to give a good account of myself. I am, although I might sound contradictory here very happy, in fact I’m over the moon that I have the chance to go and do battle tomorrow in the main event. I realise how lucky I am in life and what I have achieved so far many people would settle for but I want more.

The online Tilt sessions, the bad beats are all behind me, tomorrow will be my opportunity to test myself to see if I can make the right choices. As I said earlier I feel like I’ve already won over myself inwardly now I need to go and….

TAKE EM DOWN

Finally my quote for the day, and when I look back on this post I’ll try and work out which category I’m in…

***When you're deluded, every statement is an ulcer; when you're enlightened, every word is wisdom.***

Wish me luck…

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

go get em mate. paddy says can you bring him a chip back please.

all the best & good luck

mick,kerry & the boys

1:33 pm  
Blogger Smart Money said...

Good luck mate.

7:01 pm  
Blogger Alex Martin said...

Hi Tosh. Just remember mate, you need 3 days of patient, disciplined, solid poker before you can even think about money. Its a big ask. Be really wary whenever you get involved in big pots ESP out of position. BE A GOOD BOY. Save fancy play syndrome for nearer the $.

Be esp wary of playing top 2 pair as its v.hard to release and you could be drawing vv thin. GL buddy, all the best.

Alex

12:21 am  
Blogger Rounders123 said...

Really enjoying the vegas posts Toshi!. Have you done any sight seeing like the Grand Canyon or anything yet?. Anyway keep it up and enjoy the rest of your stay.

6:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home