Thursday, July 27, 2006

The Big Dance 27th July

Arrived in Gatwick on the 25th for an overnight stay at the holiday inn gatwick and met hawko and his missus clare who were doing the same. Me and hawk decided to have a few beers and generally discuss how good i am at poker and how i always trap him and take his stack... this went on till the early hours whilst slurping caffreys in the bar and watching this bloke make himself look like the only tool in the village...

Arrived for check in the following morning with Virgin Atlantic and luckily for me I had managed to get a premium economy seat which I had pre booked i cant sit in them little seats unless i have one for each bum cheek and 1st class flying was 4.5k ermm no thanks thats a bit too batty. Anyway I always worry when travelling on my own and if i have the right documents etc especially with the American connection - they are so rude at customs cos when the say have a nice day you don't throw $$$ at them. At the minute my luck is running good yes i am a RACK TY so i'm not too perturbed when the lady behind the desk dissapears for 20mins...

Just as my mind starts playing silly games with me she comes back with a smile on her face and says "are you feeling lucky sir" i reply "yes thanks!" and she responds "well you must be because we have just upgraded you to 1st class enjoy your flight, you owe me some flowers". l0l0l0l0l0l0l0l0l0l0l0l0l0l0l0l0l0l0l0l0l0l0l After 3 x glasses of champers a 4 course meal and a bottle of chardonnay i asked the flight attendant if she could turn my seat into a bed oooh the gadgetry! whilst i had a good sleep. As you probably can imagine i am smiling a lot at the minute :) A FLIGHT MADE IN HEAVEN I watched this real funny program with Ricky gervais and Kate winslett as a nun (pure class) I dont think my donkey sounds went down to well but hey...

Met Betfair player Matdamon (emmille) on the flight and introduced myself and also implied that his seat is probably paid for by me, lest we forget. Deejay and his bro Fish1047 cracking pair of lads, top drawer and you just feel a good time is coming your way. I am staying in the Bellagio and Hawko, deejay etc at the RIO where the WSOP is playing so i arranged to go over for a few drinks while we try and stay up as late as possible to adjust our bodies to the timeshift. We are 8hrs behind UK here. Arrived at the bellagio incidentally via a cab driver who reckons in 2003 wsop he took Moneymaker to his hotel so I tipped him well for luck!god they are so good at extracting your money.

The Bellagio, what can I say it is pure luxury period. I have stayed in some good hotels but this one takes some beating. The expense of a place like this is par for the course really even though my 1st glass of chardonnay at $14 did last me longer than it normally would HEHE. The shops the atmosphere the service is 2nd to none and I just couldnt leave it last night so I stuck around and chilled, whilst the lads probably had a good slurp I slipped into my environment like a duck to water mmm time for a coffee wheres the service menu ah here it is coffee $7. Thinks i've had enough coffee for the time being hey this is turning into good detox therapy..

I'm off to the RIO to meet the Pokerstars Team and collect my goodie bag. I am so sad but when they stated you dont get a goody bag if you do not play as a sponsored player i couldn't resist and said OK. I dont mind really promoting a site that I beleive offers good support and service and has an RNG that allowed me a 12k package for $33 just make sure I look good on the final table with all the treatments at Bellagio I will come home looking like a spring chicken.

I feel fresh and really happy with the choices i have made so far, as for the poker I know I can play and I feel I have a good feel for the live game. Everyday in the Bellagio there is a $1000+80 MTT which averages about 300 players maybe this will be my first attempt at war with the Yanks, i'll see if i feel up for it later. Also need to meet the lads Pomo, Dubai, Filth, KP etc and say hello. So much to do here it's mind boggling.

On a final note watched TJ Cloutier on the craps tables with his $25 chips his money lasted a good five minutes. Mike Sexton the TV presenter Ram Vaswani and Stephen Hendry all kicking about the place. A few others who I don't know there names knocking around, will be typical for me as I am not really a name person but i just keep seeing people and thinking where do i know him from. Oh and in the poker room for the 1000 Mtt was last years main event winner Joe Hatchem lots and lots of faces.

So it's a show for me tonight and a chill or the bellagio MTT.. Dunno yet but good luck to everyone in the main event and thanks for all the good wishes.

OK forget the last sentence as I am back editing and adding and earlier today I had the pleasure of meeting Dubai and another Betfair Player who plays online as Racontouer (won the 50k GTD twice recently) for a couple of drinks at the pool. Apparently it's the betfair meet and greet do tonight at the RIO so I plan to gatecrash and have a bit of fun, i'm banned from the forum so lets see if i can extend it to betfair hospitality functions lol.

Just one more thing to add regarding the goodie bag from stars, please help me. OMG I opened it up and there are a few nice souvineers but come on you can't be serious. Honestly, the clothing is piss poor and I have said i'll wear it. I need to contact them asap cos I am not wearing that shit ffs the T-shirts make me look like i have wings. Theres a jacket that makes me regress to the days of Y Cardies maybe even Y fronts. The only thing I could feasibily wear is my bareback with pokerstars Tattood on in henna or even permanent rather than wear this stuff. I am e-mailing for some different clothing as it is stressing me up the thought of it LOL.

HAVE A GREAT DAY!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quality start to the trip toshi. Keep the blog updates coming. Good luck in the Main event. Any idea what day you are playing yet?

Check out the show at Olympic garden, well worth it!!

barretta

6:49 pm  
Blogger richard trigg said...

nice report, hope it carries on in the same vein! seems like your trip was the exact opposite of M3boys, gl

9:13 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home