Monday, August 07, 2006

Additional food for thought!

I enjoyed the break and learned a lot. One major thing I learned was that mental preparation is vital for big live events and an awareness of people’s actions and responses should be maintained at all times. If you’re an ipod user stick your headphones on and even pretend to sing along whilst it's switched off for a couple of hours while you suss the job in hand out. Set your stall out when you first sit at a table to get a measure of each and every player and allow for change as they become stronger/weaker. Notice how they respond to you being in a pot. Do they think they can outplay you? Do you think you can outplay them?

If everyone’s chucking their cards away every time you enter a pot your not entering enough pots. All basic stuff I here you say but here is the biggest lesson I learned the (BASICS).

Focus on them and don’t get too carried away with the complexities of the game. E.g. awareness of previous action when entering a pot, maybe the button had pushed all-in on your BB and you look down to see AJ and call instantly!! Did you notice that he was re-raising the UTG raiser that’s located to the left of the dealer not directly in your line of sight!

You get no second chances in MTT’s and these mistakes are huge and unrepairable. I flat called a straight flush one night in a ranking tournament cos I thought there was another card to come (lack of focus & fatigue). I would have been a massive chip leader and probably come 1st instead of 8th. I didn’t need to work out anything other than how much to make the player pay and I failed. No rocket science in the answers just basic awareness.

Talking of awareness I think I need some training. I stayed in the bellagio and for the 1st 3 nights was bathing using this Green minty bath lotion then going out on the razzle. After 3 nights I thought this lotion is shite it doesn’t even make soap suds, I read the bottle it was antiseptic mouthwash…

Need I say more?

8 Comments:

Blogger kinghawko said...

1st 3 nights was bathing using this Green minty bath lotion then going out on the razzle. After 3 nights I thought this lotion is shite it doesn’t even make soap suds, I read the bottle it was antiseptic mouthwash…


Ho Ho Ho

4:37 pm  
Blogger Rounders123 said...

You also need to be aware to not to put a counter clock on the top of your web page but at the bottom like normal people pffff!! ;-)

6:47 pm  
Blogger MrDigital said...

hehe rounders actually I posted for help in doing it so it wasn't me ---- GATSBYYYYYYYYYYYYY HELLLLPPPPPPPPP!!!

6:50 pm  
Blogger Smart Money said...

"1st 3 nights was bathing using this Green minty bath lotion then going out on the razzle. After 3 nights I thought this lotion is shite it doesn’t even make soap suds, I read the bottle it was antiseptic mouthwash…"

It could have been worse. At least you didn't gargle with the bath lotion.

7:20 pm  
Blogger MrDigital said...

At least my kerry packers were nice and minty fresh!

7:29 pm  
Blogger Rounders123 said...

Thats more like it Toshi, you know it makes sense! ;-)

1:13 pm  
Blogger Alex Martin said...

Mouthwash thing. VV funny. Had me in near tears. Then again i was very drunk.

6:31 pm  
Blogger Small Stakes Poker said...

Counter at the bottom now ;-/

3:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home